Since October 2021, the digital world has become more revolutionized due to the release of a new Microsoft Windows OS update, that is, Windows 11. As usual, Microsoft brought you loads of new updates and improvements to the features in its predecessor, Windows 10. Not only that, there are new features added in the new Windows 11. So, those of you waiting on this new update for your business, sit tight as we roam you through the versions and features of Windows 11 that would suit you the best.
As usual, Microsoft launched various versions of Windows 11 operating software for different specific purposes. So, if you are using it for your personal tasks, for you, they launched Windows 11 Home. If you are using it for business, they have Windows 11 Pro and Windows 11 Enterprise. It’s very fascinating how detailed and more precise work you can do with the appropriate version of Windows 11.
Now the question arises, which one to choose for your organization? Worry not, as in this article we’ll tell you everything there is to know about them and their differences as you proceed with the article and help you decipher Windows 11 Pro vs Enterprise which version of Windows would be more appropriate!
Overview of Windows 11 Editions
Before we get down to the business, let’s take a look at the overview of Windows 11 editions! Microsoft, with the release of new operating systems, released different versions for different purposes. Among them, the most basic one is the Windows 11 Home. This version of Windows was designed for personal use and in this operating system, you’ll get a lot of user-friendly features like Search button in the start menu, Windows Defender and firewall etc.
The other two versions, Windows 11 Pro and Windows 11 Enterprise are only for business activities. You’ll get features like BitLocker, encryption, Hyper-V, Remote Desktop, and Group Policy. So, they are the perfect ones for professional work.
The thing is, Windows 11 Home aside, Windows 11 Pro vs Enterprise is very important for you to know as you can use them for your businesses and organizations.
In an overview, you can use Windows 11 Pro if you’re just starting up. But the Windows 11 Enterprise is for you if you own a large business. Aside from these 3 versions, Microsoft created operating systems suitable just for students, like Education and IoT. But since in this article, we’re talking about business, let’s get down to Windows 11 Pro vs Windows 11 Enterprise and see which one’s right for you to use.
Windows 11 Pro vs Enterprise: Key Feature Showdown!
Even though Windows 11 Pro and Windows 11 Enterprise both are Microsoft OS that you can use for your organization. But let us tell you that, the Windows 11 Enterprise is more comprehensive operating system in comparison to Windows 11 Pro. So, if you are running an organization with advanced and more complex IT requirements, then Windows 11 Enterprise is the right one for you. This was just an example. It goes right with any kind of business.
On the other hand, if you’re just starting a business and you have the flexibility of the Operating System, then you should definitely go for Windows 11 Pro. All in all, Pro is the simpler version of Windows 11 Enterprise that you might want to go for if you’re just starting up.
Both of these versions have their own merits and demerits which we’ll let you know in this Windows 11 Enterprise vs Pro comparison, but before that, let’s take a look at their key feature comparison, that is, the licensing procedure for both of these versions of Windows 11.
Licensing Options – Windows 11 Pro vs Enterprise
As we’ve already mentioned that, Pro is for business and Enterprise is for more serious business! So, you’ll never see an individual using Enterprise for no reason. Moreover, it’s difficult to get a single piece of licensed Windows 11 Enterprise.
Mainly the licensing of Windows 11 Enterprise happens in volumes. Primarily done by the organizations. So, when you’re going to buy it, you have to buy it in bulk. Just because it is not normally found in single issue, doesn’t mean it’s not possible to be the only user of Windows 11 Enterprise! You can easily buy another enterprise version of Windows 11 on Microsoft Store, or you can even go for the individual license from Msckey. Or, you can even get this version if you’re upgrading from Windows 11 Pro to Enterprise.
On the other hand, Windows 11 Pro can be bought easily and can get a licensed single OS service for Windows 11 Pro. It’s totally upto you, you can buy it easily from the Microsoft store, but also, you can also check Msckey out for better offers and deals.
Differences Between Windows 11 Pro and Enterprise
As we’ve already mentioned, the Windows 11 Pro is mainly built for business startups and professionals. But Windows 11 Enterprise features additional facilities than Pro will provide you. So, you can think of Windows 11 Pro as a standard tool for business. But if you use Windows 11 Enterprise, you’ll see that it has more advanced security features.
Windows 11 Enterprise is basically more specific towards high-end security services. Windows 11 Pro is more on the primary security type and not as advanced as the enterprise version, but you can make do with whatever Microsoft will provide you smoothly.
Other than that, you’ll see some of the features that are common in both operating systems. For example, the Remote Desktop feature, Windows Hello for Business, Windows Information Protection, and so on.
So, to summarise let’s take a look at the key differences between Windows 11 Enterprise and Windows 11 Pro and if there are any features exclusive to one another:
However, there are some key differences in their focus and target audience:
Windows 11 Pro:
- Designed for small and medium-sized businesses, offering essential security features like BitLocker device encryption, Windows Information Protection for data segregation, and secure sign-in options.
- Supports up to two simultaneous users per license.
- Offers limited management tools but lacks more advanced enterprise-grade functions.
Windows 11 Enterprise:
- Built for large organizations with complex IT environments, providing extensive security and management capabilities.
- Includes features like Group Policy for centralized configuration, AppLocker for application control, Device Guard for advanced malware protection, and more.
- Supports unlimited users per license.
- Comes with additional subscription options for cloud-based management and security tools.
Therefore, while the features themselves might be largely similar, the way they are implemented and managed differs significantly between the two editions. Windows 11 Pro prioritizes ease of use and basic security for smaller businesses, while Windows 11 Enterprise caters to the needs of large organizations with more complex IT demands and stricter security requirements.
To summarize, it’s not about features being entirely missing, but rather about targeting different audiences and providing varying levels of complexity and control in terms of security and management capabilities.
Windows 11 Essential Hardware Specs
All versions of Windows 11 OS require almost the same prerequisites as the basic Windows 11 does. So, to know what you might need to install Windows 11 Pro or Windows 11 Enterprise, you have to check the basic requirements of Windows 11 –
1GHz or better with multicore 64-bit processor or SoC
4GB or more
More than 64GBs
UEFI, Secure Boot supporting
Have to be compatible with DirectX 12 or newer with WDDM 2.0 driver
HD Display (720p+), 9-inches at least, 8-bit per color channel
Windows 11 Pro vs Windows 11 Enterprise: Use Cases
Now that you know the main differences between them and where they are used in, let us tell you about the cases where Windows 11 Pro and Enterprise more specifically.
For Windows 11 Pro –
You can use Windows 11 Pro for any use. Still, if you want to make the most use out of Windows 11 Pro, you should use it for –
– Small business, that is, whenever you’re working, it should provide you with active response without any kind of disruption. For example, you can easily use Windows 11 Pro for managing customer relationship systems (CRM), accounting activities, etc. Since Windows 11 Pro is simplified for all those tasks so that managing those things doesn’t interfere with your productiveness towards your work.
– Sometimes when you’re doing your office work at home, you can easily do so using this OS. With Windows 11 Pro, you have all the important and much needed tools at cheaper price. This also includes security against malware, virus, and other sort of cyber intrusions. As a result, this OS is deemed to be very suitable for people who don’t have any specific requirements.
For Windows 11 Enterprise –
Windows 11 Enterprise has a vast range of uses as it offers you with multiple options in everything. If you are running a company that needs very strong security against cyber intrusion, windows 11 Enterprise is just the one for you. So here are the precise places where Windows 11 Enterprise will give you an appropriate service!
– If you are managing a large organization that needs more security, windows 11 Enterprise is just the one for you. It has features like AppLocker encryption, and virtualization capabilities, that can easily protect your data.
– The data security companies are also a major site where you’ll see Windows 11 Enterprise in action. They need to protect large numbers of customer data for which they can utilize the technologies like Device Guard and Secure Boots to help and protect the data from malicious intruders.
– All the Windows 11 Enterprise for a bulk purchase are connected with the cloud computing service. So, you can easily work from home without losing any consistency of workflow. The Windows 11 enterprise’s features like VPNs or cloud storage devices will help you maintain that.
Now that you know the comparison of Windows 11 Pro vs Enterprise, by now you should know which one is the best for you. You can buy them easily from the official Microsoft page, or you can check out Msckey.
Msckey is always there for your service. Their customer service is very quick and amazingly organized. They’re very active with their deliveries and answering any kind of queries you might have. Moreover, they have both Windows 11 Pro license key and Windows 11 Enterprise key for only $37.99 and $41.90 respectively. Moreover, they always have some kind of sale going on because of which you can buy your preferred operating system at a considerable discount. So, why wait? Go get your deal now, only at msckey.com.