While Microsoft Office has become the primary productivity tool used by millions of people across the globe, it’s not a singular piece of software. Instead of one huge, massive smooth-black Office it’s a Stonehenge of alternatives: Office for iPhone, iPad, Android smartphones, Windows and macOS personal computers, Office with a handful of applications, Office with a fistful of applications. Today We discuss about Microsoft 365 vs Office 2019.
If you’re looking at the essence, there’s two varieties of Office. One, which is dubbed Office 2019, is a standalone suite that dates to the past century. The other one is Office 365, a subscription-based program that released in the year the year 2011.
It’s hard to tell how they differ, particularly since they share similar features. There are three ways to differentiate these tools and a sneak preview of the features coming to Office 2019 and Office 365 in line with Microsoft’s latest support policies.
Microsoft 365 is an online subscription service offered by Microsoft that offers the latest and most contemporary productivity tools and the latest core tools to make your life simpler. It lets users access traditional Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) in addition to additional web-based apps and services, such as Teams, Yammer, Stream and Sway just to name just a few.
Microsoft 365 plans are available to both personal and home users and also for smaller and mid-sized companies including schools, companies and non-profit organizations.
* up to 1TB cloud storage are included with the plans (about 300,000 images or 1,000,000 pages)
* It is possible to install it on five PCs or Macs and five tablets as well as five smartphones per person.
* Subscriptions are able to be shared between at least six relatives (depending on the subscription plan they choose)
* Simple user administration using tools to add, remove and managing Office 365 accounts
* Continuous security updates with enhancements, as well as access to the latest capabilities
* Technical assistance on a regular basis and security updates
* There’s no requirement to pay in advance. Choose between either annual or monthly payments, and save money by covering the whole year.
* Monthly credits for free for making Skype calls on land lines
* It’s easy to get overwhelmed by the latest innovations.
* You could get charged for services that weren’t required.
Should I purchase Microsoft 365?
Microsoft 365 is the model that Microsoft wants us to embrace that is subscription-based Office applications that offer regular updates and support. Traditionalists may be upset by this, but Microsoft 365 subscriptions are the best option for those who want the most advanced capabilities, support and consistency.
Although Microsoft 365 subscriptions are available for business, home, and enterprise customers but we’ll focus on business and home plans to help you understand how they work.
Office 2019 is the standalone version of the suite office applications that replaces Office 2016. It requires only one initial payment of the use of one PC or Mac and you will own the software in perpetuity.
* You only need to pay one time, and you are able to make use of it for as long as you like.
* Purchasing the license instead than subscribing can save money over the long run.
* Every license can be used on one device.
*Only Windows 10 and macOS are supported.
* This is the only version available without upgrade options (you’ll be required to purchase it all over again as the next version is made available).
* The support of the mainstream is only available for five years.
* Installation necessitates considerable expertise.
* The security upgrades available are only available for a limited time.
Do I need me to buy Office 2019?
Microsoft’s Office 2019 is an attempt to please those who would rather stick with the past and buy independent software. If this is the case, take the plunge and buy it. Microsoft in contrast isn’t making it easy or convincing. You’ll be left with less options, no services and security, lack of support, and no updates to the software. There’s no way to know if Microsoft will launch a standalone version of Office 2019. So, use it as long as you have the chance.
Microsoft Office 2019 Home & Student ($149.99) is one-time purchase and includes just three applications: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Microsoft’s Office 2019 Home & Business includes Outlook at $249.99.
How do Install Microsoft Office on my computer?
For a long time the most effective (and the only) method to download Microsoft Office is to buy the CD-ROM and put it in your laptop. However, this has changed.
The present version of Office comes as an online download. However, you can also purchase the program outright or sign up to it on monthly basis. Both options have their distinct set of advantages.
Any Microsoft product sold under the 365 brand is a subscription-based product, which means that the days of a calendar year refers to the number of months that a year. Every Microsoft product that does not have the word “365” in its name is most likely to be an one-time purchase. This is a great option if you only need to pay one time however, it won’t allow you to update the software through online updates, as you would with subscriptions for office 365.
There are a variety of versions of Office that are available. Depending on your requirements you must pick the right version for you. It is important to note that although this buying guide is applicable to every platform, Mac users may wish to look into this Office for Mac section.
Plans and prices
A single license for Microsoft 365 costs $69.99 per year. There are many licensing options available for companies. The Basic plan costs $5 per month for each user. It does not include desktop versions of Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint. You’ll require an Standard plan that costs $12.50 per month per user for these desktop applications. A Premium subscription that includes Azure Information Protection for advanced security is available at $20 per user per month.
MICROSOFT OFFICE 365 HOME PREMIUM 1 YR – (5 PC OR MAC) ONLY $99.00
The Home & Business edition of Office 2019 is priced at $249.99 The Professional edition is $439.99. Both come with Desktop versions including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook along with Access as well as Microsoft Publisher added to the Professional edition. Office 2019 is only available only on one machine at the same time.
The final choice is based on the level of functionality cloud services and apps offer. Microsoft 365 vs Office 2019: It is suggested that the Microsoft 365 subscription may be the best choice if you are planning to make use of Office for a long period of time. The reasoning behind being a subscriber is because you have access to all Office applications and benefits by signing up for the subscription, at low cost.