Microsoft Windows 11 error code 0xc004f050 has been noticed by some users while activating the operating system Windows 11 pro through a purchased product key. The activation process ensures that the OS hasn’t been used on more devices than the Microsoft Software License Terms allow. If you are facing this error code, here are the reasons and the fixing method for this error code.
Reasons for Windows 11 Error Code 0xc004f050
When the error code 0xc004f050 happens on your device there shows a error message on the display.
The product key you entered didn’t work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one. (0xc004f050)
Some reasons could trigger this error code on Windows. Including the wrong software edition and activation key. Here are the reasons that could trigger this issue while activating the Windows 11 pro.
- Wrong Software Edition: You may face this error code on your device while using the wrong software version. Especially when you are using a Windows 11 pro activation license key on the Windows 11 home edition. Microsoft doesn’t allow to use same activation key on different software editions.
- Wrong Activation Key: Another reason for encountering this error code is entering the wrong activation key or a used activation key. In this case, checking the activation key and re-type it on the activation box could help you to resolve the error code.
- Server Issue: Also, this error code can be generated for Microsoft server issues. If so, it will be fixed automatically between 2-3 days.
Enough about the reasons, let’s jump on the fixing methods of this error code.
Fixing Method of Windows 11 Error Code 0xc004f050
Fixing this error code is not a hard nut to crack. You can resolve this issue by following some simple troubleshooting methods. These below-described methods can help you to resolve this activation error.
Re-check the Activation Key and the Software
As mentioned before, the issue could be triggered by the wrong activation key or the wrong software version. So, it will be a wise decision to re-check the activation key of Windows 11 and Windows software before proceeding with the troubleshooting methods.
Restart Your Device
Sometimes, a simple restart can kick out minor device issues. So, you can try to re-activate Windows after restarting the device. If this doesn’t help, you can proceed to the next troubleshooting method.
Try to Activate the Windows 11 Through the Command Prompt
Windows Command prompt feature allows the user to complete various actions through command. Also, you can try to activate Windows by prompting the command. These below-described steps could help you to activate the windows through Command Prompt.
- Go to the Windows search bar and type cmd. Afterward, open the Command Prompt center.
- Now, type slmgr.vbs /ipk xxxxx – xxxxx– xxxxx – xxxxx – xxxxx (replace the x’s with your purchased license key). Thereafter, you have to press the enter key
- After that, you have to restart the device. These actions can eliminate the
Windows 11 activation error code 0xc004f050 and give you a kick-start on your way to fixing it. In some cases, this can fix the issue.
Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro
As mentioned before, Microsoft doesn’t allow you to use a Windows 11 pro activation key on Windows 11 home edition software. So, you need to upgrade the home edition to a pro edition to solve this issue. Here are the steps you could follow to do so.
- Before proceeding, you need to disconnect the device totally from the internet because this can hamper the fixing process.
- Press the Windows + I key to open the windows settings application.
- Navigate to Update & Security > Activation.
- Thereafter, click on the Change product key and enter this generic product key ‘VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T’ on the box. Once prompted, click on ‘Activate Product’.
- It may not work on the first attempt. If so, restart the device and try again.
- Now, you need to enter your purchased license key on the activation settings box after restarting the device to activate the pro edition of Windows 11.
Make a Clean Install of Your Windows 11 Pro
At this point, you have tried all the above-described fixing methods and failed to fix the issue. If so, don’t worry, a clean install of the Windows 11 pro edition can fix the error. Remember to back up all your files before performing a clean install. It is always better to use a bootable USB while installing Windows OS. Afterward, enter your purchased pro license key on the activation box to activate the Windows.
Now, you have known about the reasons and fixing methods for the windows 11 error code 0xc004f050. Hope, one of the above-described methods has helped you to resolve the issue. Never forget to check the activation key before using it on your device, and check the software edition before starting the activation process. Curtains are on for today, have a great day.