Windows has always been a very friendly OS produced by Microsoft that is used by at least 70% of the entire world population who uses a PC or a Laptop. So, by default, windows OS has been the most used OS around the world. Since the 90s to recent times, the OS update led Microsoft to release Windows 11 at around late 2021.
The release of Windows 11 enabled all Microsoft PC users to simplify their use and make it more functional with high speed and lightweight OS design. So, you’ll notice a very big difference once you start using this latest OS after using its predecessor, windows 10, for a long time!
For laptops and PCs that were built during or after 2021, all of them have an OEM version of Windows 11. However, if you’re using an older version, you’ll need to purchase the updated OS license keys.
But the good thing is, you can easily buy the Windows 11 license keys without any hassle, that too for lifetime. However, it’s not like, if you don’t buy the license keys you wouldn’t be able to use the Windows 11 OS. Shocking, isn’t it?
Even though it’s better to buy the license keys but it is possible to use Windows 11 without inputting a key. In this article, you’ll get to know how you can install and use Windows 11 without a product key. So, keep reading to find out!
Download Windows 11 Installation Media
So, if you want to install Windows 11, you need to download an Installation Media so that you can boot your Windows easily. Download your Windows 11 Installation Media from the official Microsoft website free of cost. The file will be downloaded as an ISO file ready to be booted from your USB or DVD.
However, in order to complete this step smoothly without any issues, you need to have a few prerequisites to be fulfilled. These are –
- Internet Connection – A stable internet connection is very important while downloading the ISO file. The file size is very large, so any disruption in the internet connection might prevent you from downloading the file.
- Storage – You must have enough disk space to house the ISO file. That is, when you are downloading the file, you have to have enough space to keep the downloading file.
- Bootable Disk – You should prepare an empty DVD disk or USB device to store the ISO file in. This DVD or USB is the one you’ll use to boot the Windows 11 OS to your PC. Now the reason why you need an empty DVD or USB device is that any file apart from the ISO will be deleted during installation. So, it’s better to use a blank one.
Now, if you get a message saying “Disk Image File is Too Large” while you are trying to transfer the ISO file in the DVD or USB device then you should consider switching to a higher capacity dual layer DVD.
Perform a Clean Install of Windows 11
Now you can proceed with the clean installation of Windows 11 once you’ve ensured a stable connection and a USB with Windows 11 ISO file in it. So, to perform a clean installation of Windows 11, you should follow the steps mentioned below:
- You should take the note of your current Windows version that is installed in your PC already. You’ll need it when you are performing the Windows Installation Process. To do that, you need to go to Settings > System > About. There you’ll see a section ‘Windows Specification’ and your Windows edition is written there!
- Then you plug the USB device into your PC so that it can create a bootable USB with the media creation tool if needed.
- You can create the Windows 11 Installation Media using the following steps after downloading the Media creation tool:
- First, run the media creation tool as an administrator.
- They’ll show you license terms, once you agree select Accept.
- If you want to select your appropriate language and edition, uncheck the ‘Use the Recommended options for this PC’ box
- Then you have to select the bootable USB drive and then press Next. This will result in the formatting of the bootable USB flash drive and Windows installation media will be added to the USB device.
- Lastly, press Finish.
- Please be sure to backup all your files from the PC as the installation process deletes every file stored in the PC disk.
- Now to start installing the windows from the Installation Media in the USB device, follow the following steps:
- Connect your USB drive to the pc
- Restart your PC while holding the shift button. This way, the Windows Recovery Environment will be turned on. After the PC is in the Recovery Environment, you’ll get the option to choose to boot from the USB drive.
- Once you start it, you’ll get into the Windows Setup page. There you can select your language, time, keyboard preferences. When you’re done selecting, press Next.
- Press ‘Install Now’ once you get the option.
- To reload the same version of Windows, go to the Activate Windows page and choose “I don’t have a product key.” After you reconnect your Microsoft Account, your copy of Windows will be enabled immediately. Simply click “Next.”
- On the page that says “Select the operating system you want to install,” pick the same version of Windows 11 that you checked out on the PC in step 2. Then, click “Next.” Click Accept to show that you agree with the Microsoft Software Licence Terms. After that, click Next.
- Click on Custom: Put in Windows only (advanced) as the type of installation. Before you go any further, make sure you have a copy of everything on your PC.
- Pick out the PC hard drive where you want to put Windows, then click Next. The installation of Windows will begin. Do not turn off your computer.
- Once you are done installing the Windows, you can enroll your device into Windows Insider program so that you can get updates in due time.
That being said, you can follow all these steps if you want to clean install unactivated Windows 11. Even though it’s not recommended to use the unactivated version of Windows as it stunts your facilities, progresses and updates. You’ll get less and belated updates.
However, the good thing is, that you can use the unlicensed version as long as you want if you can ignore the demerits it has. However, if you change your mind, we recommend you to visit msckey.com as they will sell you authentic Windows 11 licenses at a reasonable price and easy-to-access instant delivery after purchase.